MMA, UFC, Chael Sonnen, Jon Jones, Green Anarchy, Taoism

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aging

Everyone seems to think I look young. I am 39, but people often think I look 10 years younger. I feel strong and healthy, I do seem to have some health problems that are long term, related to having insulin resistence and glucose intolerance, otherwise known as "syndrome x" or "pre-diabetes" I also suffer from IBS. I have always been slightly overweight,even as a child, except for brief periods while competing in sports and during basic training while in the Army.

I have always had good muscle tone and Physical strength and excellent cardiovascular endurance. Even though I do occassionally suffer from lower back pain. I am from pretty tough stock. My Dad's Mother is still going strong at 85, with no signs of dementia, and very active physically.

I am wondering what would happen if I were to overcome these health problems, lose 20 lbs and improve my digestion and reverse my Syndrom x problems.

Would I look and feel even younger? What would I do with all this health and vigor?

Here is an Interesting article

It implies giving up all animal protein and taking hormone supplements. I disagree with that. But it has some excellent info about how people age. I agree that sugar is really bad.

Ideally what I would like to do is achieve results from diet and excercize alone and skip taking suplements especially hormones.

No comments:

Post a Comment