MMA, UFC, Chael Sonnen, Jon Jones, Green Anarchy, Taoism

Saturday, August 28, 2010

How I've Changed. How I differ from a Fundamentalist

I don't believe everyone is going to hell unless they get "saved"
I don't believe in the Rapture or the End Times
I don't believe The Bible has all the answers to everything
I don't believe in a literal interpretation of the Creation Myth described in the First Chapters of Genesis.
Rather I believe in Evolution. I don't think there was a prefect creation and then a fall. I believe in progress. I believe things are getting better and that they were never perfect to begin with. I think Truth is provisional, that means its a work in progress and things that are true now may not be true in the future.

I don't believe in the idea of everything being part of "God's will" and already pre-ordained. I think there are real risks and dangers in life for Human beings here on Earth. There are real questions that have yet to be answered. There are things up for grabs. There is the potential for real failure.

I do believe in God, but I believe Human beings have the potential to be active co-creators with God. I believe we have an active rather than passive part to play. Rather than just passively obeying dogma written in ancient texts, I think my calling is to create and carve new paths, to explore the unknown, to take risks in my effort to make the world a better place.

I don't think it has all been written down ahead of time. I think I am at least partly making it up as I go along. I mean, I have certian gifts and potentials, but I need to act. I need to bring things into being myself, and not simply obey and follow a template that has already been created. I am a creator.

I do however feel I am not alone in the Universe. I do feel I have spiritual guidence at times, perhaps from angels.

I also have muses.

Some of my Muses probably would appear devilish to a fundamentalist. They did to me as a fundamentalist. I have had these muses for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment